Friday, September 29, 2006
September Education Finances Roundup
This is my highly subjective recounting of the best posts dealing with student loans and other educational finance issues that I've read in the past month. I'll probably move this to a biweekly basis from now on.

If you think I missed yours, let me know. I may put it in the next roundup.

In no particular order:

Financial Baby Steps starts saving for college REALLY early.

Don't Mess With Taxes looks at some proposed education tax incentives. I particularly like the idea of raising the student loan interest threshold, as some of us eat $2500 for lunch.

Free Money Finance has a whole series on the Getting Into College and Paying for It guide. I actually recommended this to a coworker with a daughter in ninth grade. I'd start here and here.

Also on the series front, Jim at Blueprint for Financial Prosperity is doing Personal Finance for College Students. I liked his advice on keeping student loans for school expenses.

To toot my own horn a bit, I looked at Kiplinger's 50 Best Values in Public Colleges.

And I found a lot of posts dealing with online college courses.

See you next roundup!

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer