Monday, May 14, 2007
And ye shall receive.
As I've mentioned a few times, I am fond of the local second-run movie theater (which also has bar and menu service).

Yesterday, I asked my friend L. if she'd be interested in catching Breach (which I found slow and deliberate, but very well done).

Since it was a Sunday afternoon, and therefore a "full price" day (which is still $4-$5 less than other theaters), the show was lightly attended. So we received fairly fast service from the staff, and they returned with our drinks a few minutes after the movie started.

This was enough for me to realize that the print was bad. Scratches down the left side of the screen made it look like every picture had been etched. So when our drinks arrived:

HC: Can you ask the projectionist about the print?
Server: It's just a bad print. We're asking for a replacement but we haven't gotten it yet.
HC: So there's nothing you can do about it?
Server: No.
HC: Well, is there anything you can do for us?
Server: I'll get the manager.
HC: That's all right. I'll just come by after the show.

I didn't expect to do anything more about it until then. However, the server shortly came back with our food. He dropped off two free passes that are good through December! I would have been satisfied if they'd just knocked a dollar off the ticket price, but I certainly wasn't going to object to a free pass.

It never hurts to ask.

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Blogger Chance said...

That is the lesson I need to learn over and over, always ask. Risk hearing "no". I am just shy or something...thanks for your inspiration.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer