Tuesday, February 27, 2007
One account closes, another...
well, you get the idea.

I've transferred the remaining balance (almost entirely bonuses) out of my ING account. I was holding onto it for reasons that really didn't make any sense in the long run. I still think it's an easy introduction to the world of online savings, but I know I can do better. I'd like to say that I'm taking the money and immediately putting it into Emigrant, but instead, I'm using it to pay off the plane ticket for my trip next month. Since I haven't left town since Thanksgiving, I'm counting this as a worthy expense.

I'm also shifting my emergency fund to E-Trade next month. I found out about the signup bonus over at BankDeals, and that tipped me. It has beneficiary service, although not quite as smooth a signup as the CSR promised, and local branches if I really have an issue that needs personal resolution. So now all my online accounts will be earning 5.05%.

I get a much lower rate on my "overdraft fund," the credit union savings account available for immediate transfers to my checking account or credit card. I don't fret about that because I only hold $300-$500 there, and I figure the peace of mind from having instant access to extra cash is worth a few pennies in foregone interest.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer