Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Free Meds!
I called in a refill on my recurring prescription yesterday, and was told that I could pick it up that evening. So I timed my trip to the pharmacy between the lagging edge of rush hour traffic and the expected onset of snow.

Once I arrived, the pharmacy was on reduced staffing for the evening. The assistant pharmacist immediately found my prescription, but then did a double-take.

"I can't charge you for this."

"What?"

She displayed the label, which clearly stated that I owed $0.00. (I assume someone during the afternoon shift made a mistake.)

"I can't even scan it to ring up a price."

So she handed the bag to me, and I went on my merry way.

I'm planning on using any extra funds from my flex spending account for a replacement pair of sunglasses, so this means that, barring accidents, I have $20 more to spend on them. Whee.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prescription sunglasses? Or is your flex spending account much more flexible than mine?!

Blogger HC said...

Hee. Yes, my plan administrators think it's VERY traumatic if I can't buy new Ferragamos.

My eyeglass prescription has changed a little over the past few years. And I haven't gotten replacement sunglasses when I've purchased new "regular" glasses. So I figure I'm about due.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer